Farm Business Consultant – Lister Haigh
Our client is an established firm of Chartered Surveyors, Land and Residential Estate Agents, with offices across North Yorkshire.
Due to continued success and expansion, we are now seeking to recruit an experienced Farm Business Consultant to join the already successful Farming Business Department and further develop and expand on the existing Rural Land Management Services offered by the company at present.
Based in the Harrogate area, you will be working with clients and projects across the North of the UK, so you will need to be comfortable with having a high degree of autonomy in this role.
- Reporting to the Directors, you will be capable of generating and completing your work on time and to a high standard
- You will need to demonstrate excellent team oriented interpersonal skills, be commercially astute and strategically focussed
- You will have a broad mix of Farm Management experience in the arable and livestock sectors, along with having a full working knowledge of Defra’s grants and subsidies
- You will hold the relevant FACTS and BASIS Soil & Water qualifications, together with possessing a familiarity with farm accounting procedures. You will Draw on these industry recognised qualifications to assist clients in developing significant opportunities for forward thinking, progressive farmers and land managers
- You will embrace the exciting research opportunities and skillsets that already exist within the business and you will make a difference to agricultural clients by providing them with the business knowledge and skills to drive their success and profitability
- You will have a broad understanding of sustainable farming business including managing the fundamental resources of soil, water and nutrients to maximise efficient production whilst undertaking measures to protect the environment and biodiversity for the future
- In addition to a technical understanding of farm business management you will provide a wide range of specialist consultancy services to individual business to undertake leading edge research and deliver knowledge transfer and advice programmes on behalf of government and industry organisations
- Up to £45,000pa depending on experience
- £4,800pa Car Allowance
- Discretionary Annual Bonus Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Career Growth and Shareholding available for the right candidate