Employment Liaison Officer – Northumberland Area
- £25,727 Basic Salary + Car Allowance
- Fixed Term contract until March 2022
- 37 hours per week
- Previous experience as an Employment Liaison Officer is essential
- Good standard of education
- Excellent administration, organisational and prioritisation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced IT skills, particularly with Microsoft packages
- Engage with social housing tenants at key trigger points during the life cycle of a tenancy
- Work with housing management teams, to identify working age tenants who are unemployed or economically inactive who would benefit from intensive and tailored employment support and are not engaged on other programmes or with alternative provision
- Produce tailored support / action plans that will lead to sustained employment, education or training or job search. This will include identifying aspirations and measures to overcome barriers to achieving these goals
- Provide mentoring and additional support to help people develop skills and attributes that lead to sustainable employment
- Identify and build relationships with the partners, employment support, education and training providers so that a range of provision is available and accessible to underpin a person’s journey to a positive outcome
- Provide effective job search and careers information, advice and guidance
- Undertake employer engagement to identify recruitment needs and help fill vacancies from target groups and opportunities for work placements / experience
- Develop networks with those involved in other client and employer engagement activities to support collaborative working and avoid duplication
- Maintain systems to facilitate a compliant monitoring, verification and reporting system for the project in line with ESF requirements
Are you an experienced housing professional looking for your next big opportunity? Do you have a passion to help people aspire and achieve better things in life? Are you based in or around Northumberland? Then this Employment Liaison Officer role could be the perfect step for you!
Our client, one of the North East’s largest and most successful housing providers, is seeking an experienced Employment Liaison Officer to engage and work with out of work social housing tenants and residents in the Northumberland area to offer intensive and tailored employment advice and support designed to help develop the skills and attributes needed to move from welfare benefits and into work.
You will help to secure sustainable job outcomes for out of work social housing tenants. This will include and focus on unemployed and economically inactive people facing multiple barriers. You will also help to achieve targeted programme outcomes as required to secure sustainable job outcomes, entry into training or education or transition to job search for unemployed and economically inactive social housing tenants in the Northumberland area.
We are looking for a person who is passionate about helping people to be the best they can and who has the ability to recognise and tackle the barriers that prevent people from fulfilling their potential in the labour market.