Conveyancing Assistant – Leeds
Are you an experienced Conveyancing Assistant? Are you looking to join an award-winning conveyancing department? Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity to progress your career within conveyancing? Are you available immediately?
Our client is looking to recruit a Conveyancing Assistant to join their team based in Leeds. You will be working within a team to provide high quality efficient conveyancing services to clients whilst maintaining excellent relationships with estate agents, lenders, referrers and other 3rd parties.
- Assist the fee-earner across the whole of the conveyancing transaction, highlighting concerns in a timely manner and maintaining appropriate confidentiality
- Updating clients with progress of their matter and responding to enquiries from clients, the other side, estate agents, referrers, lenders and other third parties in writing, in person or on the telephone
- File management and the request of searches, relevant documents, redemption statements, deeds and required information from the Land Registry, Search Providers, lenders and other 3rd parties
- Adhering to all anti-money laundering procedures, performing AML checks and compliance with the firm’s accounting procedures
- Provide quotes to prospective clients
- Draft transfer deed and replies to requisitions where required
- Prepare for exchange of contracts, completion statements, bills and set the file up for completion
- Responsibility for post completion process, including submitting Land Registry applications, Stamp Duty Land Tax Returns submission and service of notices relating to assignments and mortgages of leasehold property
- To ensure compliance with mortgage lender post completion requirements and file closures
- Closing files, filing, storage and retrieval of client's papers and files, storage of deeds and other papers all in accordance with firm policies
- Ad hoc administrative duties
- You must have previous experience and knowledge of residential conveyancing from start to finish
- You will have experience of working with case management systems
- Ideally you will have a law degree
- Knowledge of commercial and residential property is desirable
- Up to £20k (Negotiable DoE)
- Free parking
- Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:45am – 5:30pm
- Immediate start and interviews available!