Are you an experienced Property Surveyor looking for your next opportunity? Do you have experience in dealing with Commercial properties? Are you based in West Yorkshire? Then this Commercial Property Surveyor position could be the ideal role for you!
Our client, who provides professional surveying services nationwide, is searching for a superstar Commercial Property Surveyor to work closely with all relevant clients and internal departments. As a Commercial Property Surveyor, you will be responsible for identifying opportunities for new business. You will also provide the full range of Property Management services on all commercial property types including industrial, offices, retail, leisure etc.
• Manage a diverse portfolio of properties including liaising with Credit controllers, bailiffs when appropriate, reporting to clients, liaising with and managing the internal Facilities Management team and helping them assess whose responsibility repairs etc are under leases
• Assessing dilapidation liabilities, serving claims on tenants and negotiating settlement
• Arranging the service of Section 25 notices on tenants and negotiating new leases terms
• Dealing with rent review within the portfolios
• Setting service charge budgets, overseeing service charge expenditures and year end reconciliations
• Inspecting properties and common parts to check on tenant compliance with leases and identify repairs issues in common parts
• Identifying and completing Asset Management opportunities to improve client’s investment values
• Liaising with client’s solicitors on rent arrears, assignments, sublease, alterations, new leases etc.
• Processing and assessing tenants’ applications to assign, change user, alterations etc.
• Valuing properties by applying expert knowledge and awareness of the local property market
• Take accurate measurements of premises in accordance with RICS Code of Measuring Practice
• Write detailed property reports for purposes such as rent reviews/lease renewals, investment potential, valuations
• Help manage the large property portfolios for your clients and advise them on the purchase and sale of individual investments
• Good communication skills, with the ability to compose and explain complex issues concisely to different audiences
• Good interpersonal, dictation and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Good organisational skills
• Motivated and productive attitude
• Ability to prioritise and undertake a range of tasks with a positive, flexible attitude and willingness to learn
• Ability to keep calm under pressure
• Confidence in your own judgement
• Generous package and benefits