Chartered Building Surveyor – Brentwood & Surrounding areas
A multi-disciplinary planning and surveying practice, with offices in Brentwood, Leeds, and Canterbury. First established in 1970 and now working throughout the UK, providing a comprehensive range of services with planners and surveyors priding themselves on their professionalism and the results that they achieve.
- Salary up to £55,000
- £5,500 car allowance
- Pension Scheme
- Death in service
- Private healthcare
- Free parking
- Managing client instructions/ accounts under the overall supervision of an Associate or Partner
- Has an awareness to generate new client instructions and work
- Preparing reports / surveys / specifications / valuations etc. for most types of instruction
- Directing Assistants and Surveyors / Planners and Senior Surveyors / Planners to undertake research and investigations and produce input for written reports / surveys / specifications / valuations etc. Oversees and checks their work
- Providing sound advice to clients and identifying and resolving most issues that need to be addressed to discharge an instruction
- Addressing Planning Committee meetings
- Preparing evidence for, and represents, clients at Planning Hearings and Tribunals
- Are a member of the RICS or MRTPI
- AutoCad experience desirable
- Have very good verbal and written communication skills
- Ideally experience working with party walls and schedule of dilapidations
- Ideally experience working with new build/maintenance/new projects/refurbs
- Experience of managing a small team is desirable
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading planning and surveying practice firm, regulated by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, who pride themselves on integrity and professionalism.
Working for a wide range of clients, including developers, national companies, charitable organisations, education, and religious establishments, as well as many private individuals.